Tuesday 13 March 2012

very soon now


Now the shells are cut, 7 new Novas finished, the paint has dried so its time to video and record the beauties! Normally I do this in our front room but this morning I awoke to a Steven King-like mist-strange swirling shapes that explain a lot about Breton music. So, not nearly enough light in the house, only solution, good clean-up of the workshop and install the 'studio', actually a good excuse for a thorough going over and remove 10 days' worth of metal dust. When I made the workshop ('atelier' in french-lovely word!) I alternated metal and clear sections which give great natural light to work, and record, in.
Once everything was set up and the first few tractors had passed (we are in the country) time to put on my player's hat and get to it; Only problem, I'm not a good player of my own instrument, incongruous somehow but we don't hear of Stradivarius playing to packed halls do we? No sooner than I had finished a loud wooshing increased to deafening point and our local friendly Mirage fighter pilots flashed past skimming the roof-top and disappeared as fast as they arrived, damn, I would have loved to have that on tape (well silicone).
So they are now in the process of being processed and will be on youtube soon.
The first scales available will be Hijaz, Ursa Minor, Akebono, Pigmy, Golden Gate, Kiavara and Quénécan (a minor scale in D inspired by the forest in central Brittany).
I already have 3 orders so it looks like I'll be busy for a while! Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment